AT&T Yearly Price Increases

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:07 am
Hello,

I am wondering how is it able for AT&T to increase their Uverse/DSL prices every year by $5. $33 a month for rock bottom 768Kbps internet is crazy. Does Uverse lose customers so they have to increase prices every month to compensate or is it a set amount per household? Are Uverse internet profit margins that low or are they just greedy?

Sonic hasn't had any increases at all not that I'd complain.
by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:54 pm
They're just greedy. Which is what tipped my household in favor of Sonic (we switched in August 2013).
by abhi.kris » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:28 am
Yup, my latest price increase was what pushed me over the edge. No, I did not go yell at the CSR. I just calmly disconnected and went to sonic. The thing that pissed me off the most was that I wasn't even informed ahead of time. They just went ahead and did it. If I hadn't seen my bill (since I have auto-pay enabled) I would never have known.
by Guest » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 am
My relatives are paying for Uverse Pro 3Mbps for $46 a month. Not sure what they pay for their phone bill but it's not one of those Uverse rip offs. They are trying to apply for the California Lifeline discount program since one of them is unemployed. My grandma who lives in senior housing with government Social Security pays about $7 a month for phone basic phone services. If my relatives are eligible, they would pay $53+ a month for Pro and basic phone plus the inevitable fee increase from Uverse in 2015. So by next year, Sonic would be cheaper than their plans, not mentioning the added benefits of faster internet speed (12000ft from CO is about 3-5ish Mpbs), unlimited calling and to support a local company.

On a side note, I received an "exclusive" offer from AT&T saying I can get Uverse Elite for $15 a month for a year with qualifying voice. What a joke.
4 posts Page 1 of 1