Transfer Domain to another ISP

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by low56 » Sun May 25, 2014 9:23 am
Unfortunately I am moving to a location that SONIC does not service. The question I have is how to transfer my Domain I paid for using SONIC to say Comcast or U-Verse. I don't want to change my email address and want to continue my own domain created email address.

Thanks
by virtualmike » Mon May 26, 2014 12:06 am
You can continue to have your domain hosted by Sonic.net even if your transport is provided by some other company. I would highly recommend it, because you still get the other Sonic.net benefits, such as privacy, world-class support, VPN, etc.

If you feel you must transfer hosting, the other hosting company will be happy to take you through the steps to transfer. Note that neither Comcast nor AT&T (Uverse) offer hosting for consumer accounts.
by low56 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:31 am
If I want Sonic to continue hosting my domain is that something that I have to pay for? (Besides the annual cost of renewal for my domain)
by virtualmike » Mon May 26, 2014 10:27 pm
Yes, you'll have to pay for hosting in any situation. I'm sure that Sales will work with you to find the package that is the best value for you.
4 posts Page 1 of 1