New Customer Questions

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by mwon » Tue May 20, 2014 5:25 pm
Hello,

I just signed up for Fusion as a new customer. Just wanted confirm this.

My understanding is Sonic will take care of switch for the landline and cancellation with AT&T; I won't need to call AT&T to cancel the service on their side?

For DSL, I'll need to contact my old provider and tell them to cancel once I get connected with Sonic?

Thank you~
by virtualmike » Tue May 20, 2014 9:54 pm
If your DSL provider is not AT&T, it wouldn't hurt to make a quick call to ensure the provider has cancelled your account and will issue a pro-rated refund for any advance payments. AT&T will send notification of the account cancellation, but there's no guarantee how the provider will handle that.
by r.a.mcwolff » Wed May 21, 2014 8:22 pm
Hi,

I'm also a new customer and I called up AT&T today. I got a nice gal on the phone and while she's obligated to try to keep me with AT&T I simply explained briefly that the connection signals were not strong enough and after many back and forths I decided it was time to move on. She understood and didn't continue to prod me to stay. I'm expecting my confirmation on the cancellation sometime tomorrow. Went smoother than I even thought it would! lol

Richard
***Wolff On The Prowl***
by dane » Wed May 21, 2014 9:25 pm
If you are switching your current AT&T number, do NOT cancel service with them, or you will lose your number. When you port away to us, your number will automatically be moved, no cancellation call is needed.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1