Wrong Number/Caller ID showing in Canada

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:03 pm
I am in 415 area code, and frequently call a friend in 604 (British Columbia, Canada). Several times in the past few weeks when I phone this friend, instead of my real 415 number showing up on his caller ID, it shows me as calling from 604-504-3469, which shows up in web searches as a number from which many people receive phantom calls. His phone service is via Shaw, one of the big 3 providers there, and of course my phone service is with Sonic. What is going on? How can this wrong 604 number show as my 'calling from' number?
by cdkeen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:25 pm
Login with your Sonic.net username and post, then I can look at your line and try to assist you, Guest!
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by windfarm » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:28 pm
Ok, I'd appreciate what you can find out.
by cdkeen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:43 pm
From what I can see the last stage where we hand the call over from our network upstream the CID data is correct. We could place a call to your friend's line from one of our Fusion test lines and test whether the caller ID issue persists. If that is something you are interested in let me know and we can coordinate a time that would be convenient. Thanks!
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
4 posts Page 1 of 1