Moving webmail between folders changes date

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by csabey » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:01 pm
When using the webmail, moving an email from the inbox to another folder changes the date from the date received in the inbox to the date it was moved to a different folder. This makes it really hard to find things later and keep conversations in the sequence they originally occurred.
by kgc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:28 pm
I'm not able to reproduce this, how are you moving messages?
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by csabey » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:34 pm
Using the "Move To" dropdown lists showing folder names either from the individual email or the email list.
by kgc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:43 pm
I'm sorry, I'm still not able to reproduce this no matter how I move messages around. (drag and drop, context menu, drop down, singly or with multiple selected, etc) Just to confirm, this is using webmail.sonic.net and not legacy-webmail.sonic.net?
Kelsey Cummings
by csabey » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:54 pm
Yes, the new webmail. But I'm wondering now if there was a transient glitch of some kind. I was delayed about a week in reporting it, and now that I've just gone through the (moved-to) folder looking at the dates since you responded that you couldn't reproduce it, the mail now seems to be in its proper sequence and the dates properly reflecting the date sent/received in the inbox. Weird. I'm sorry, I guess whatever was going on has already been corrected. Thank you for your time.
by kgc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:37 pm
Well, if it happens again please let us know.
Kelsey Cummings
6 posts Page 1 of 1