Got email that Fusion was installed but nothing works

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Elliott » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:07 am
Hi,

I just paid to switch over from U-verse to Sonic.net Fusion. I'm excited, my wife says she saw a truck near our house mucking about presumably to do some installation, I got the email saying we were set up, and then I opened the box to set up the modem.

Minimal instructions, but I was hoping everything would be plug and play.

However, when I switch from my U-verse modem to Sonic.net, I get no internet, and plugging in the Uniden phone gets me no dialtone. I have dialtone when using my regularly hooked up phone, but dialing "933#" as the instructions say doesn't give me anything except a busy signal. So I'm assuming based on that that I am not getting the Fusion signal, or that it isn't getting through to the house because U-verse is still active.

I do want to try to port my phone number over, and the sales person I called when I decided to sign up did tell me to leave my service intact so I could call and get my number ported over.

So I am guessing that what is happening is that U-verse is blocking Fusion and that once I cancel U-verse, Fusion should work. But I am looking for confirmation and advice on how to proceed next to finally jump ship over to Fusion. Because technically, following the instructions provided gives me no dial tone and no internet.

Thanks,
Elliott
by dane » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:28 am
There should be dial tone, so it's likely that wiring changes are needed at your home. Ring support at 707-547-3400 and they will schedule a technician to come and get it sorted out!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1