Question about Sonic.net DSL

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:48 pm
Hi people,

I'm an ATT DSL user looking into the possibility of switching service to Sonic.net. The 150 GB bandwidth cap is simply not acceptable to me. I'm an Internet heavy user, and I can easily use 500 GB per month had I not hold myself back.

When I check Sonic.net homepage, I see no mentioning of DSL service, just their Fusion. Fusion is not availbe to me. So,

* Does Sonic.net still offers DSL service?
* Is it still unlimited?
* Pricing? Right now I'm using 6 Gbps DSL from ATT.
* Process of switching the serivce?
* Service quality?
by Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:32 pm
Best to talk to Sonic to definitively answer your questions, but meantime try this:

http://www.sonic.net/sales/broadband/ds ... ential.php

It's plain AT&T "legacy" DSL, but through Sonic, and requires keeping the AT&T landline. Sonic's policy is no caps, but I don't know for sure if AT&T lets them do that here as reseller. Pricing, as you'll see (I assume you meant Mbps). As for quality, I have Fusion myself, but know someone (unfortunately behind a remote terminal) who's had the 1.5 Mbps "Express" service, with Sonic's modem/router, for over a year with no complaints. Customer support, no contest.
by bobrk » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:29 pm
I have the legacy DSL and it's very reliable. I get over 5Mbps. No caps, I believe this has been stated in the forum and elsewhere.
by dane » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 am
bobrk wrote:I have the legacy DSL and it's very reliable. I get over 5Mbps. No caps, I believe this has been stated in the forum and elsewhere.
Yup, the product is fine, and because it's our IP network, there are no data caps. Of course, our customer care is tops, so there are some real advantages to choosing Sonic.net if you are in a location served by only ATT ADSL1.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Legacy DSL » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:15 pm
I just called sonic.net sales this morning (3/7/2014) asking about legacy DSL and the guy told me it is not offered anymore (!?!?)

Is this true? I understand about migrating customers to Fusion, but Fusion is not available everywhere - in the mid peninsula where I am smack in the middle of the Bay Area, there is no Fusion service.
by apf » Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am
I'm browsing the website this morning and find that I'm having trouble finding any information about AT&T DSL offerings. I'm a long time, loyal customer and would like to find information about upgrading my service, but I don't know anything about Fusion and the "search tool" tells me that Fusion isn't even available in my area.
by apf » Thu May 22, 2014 9:50 am
The post at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1807 answers the question about AT&T product availability at this time. Straight from the horse's mouth.
by dane » Thu May 22, 2014 10:37 am
apf wrote:I'm browsing the website this morning and find that I'm having trouble finding any information about AT&T DSL offerings. I'm a long time, loyal customer and would like to find information about upgrading my service, but I don't know anything about Fusion and the "search tool" tells me that Fusion isn't even available in my area.
Existing members with DSL can find options for changing their service in the Member Tools, look for the link to this on the upper right corner of our website.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
8 posts Page 1 of 1