Virtual receptionist -- new feature

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by gomberg1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:13 am
I want a virtual receptionist. It works like this:
1. An incoming call hears: "This is the receptionist. With whom do you wish to speak?"
If an answer is given: 2. "I'll try to put you thru, please hold". and the number rings me.
If no answer is given: 2. "I'm sorry, they are not available" and hangs up on caller.

We have a box like this in hardware (they are cheap too, but no longer in production and they have a
couple of "features" we don't like). But the bottom line is: THIS KILLS 99% OF JUNK CALLS. IT REALLY WORKS.
I think it works because the long first message (1.) makes them think they have reached an answering
machine, so the robo-dialer hangs up. Please make this an optional feature.

If the telemarketers ever figure it out, you could add an additional feature that lets the subscriber enter
a list of names for voice recognition and only a matching name will ring thru. This could also be combined
with voice mail if the name does not match.

THIS WOULD BE A KILLER FEATURE. Please think about it.
by gomberg1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:59 am
I am sorry that no one replied to this to suggest implementation. It works great. Too bad. I will look at Nomorobo.
2 posts Page 1 of 1