Incoming faxes to FaxLine does not appear in email

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by airedale302 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:56 pm
Hi tech support,

My user name is "airedale302". My Sonic Fusion phone number is 415-564-XXXX. [redacted -mod]

Since 3 days ago, I noticed that incoming emails to my FaxLine (707-773-7887) fail to appear in my email.

Actually, a couple did get through but I don't know why the vast majority did not.

On the side of the sending fax machine, it seems that the fax has be transmitted successfully. No error message.

When I went into FaxLIne section to look at the fax history, those incoming email was actually listed as received. The one difference is that under the "Notes" column, it just says "pages received" instead of the usual "# pages received". It does not show the number of pages.

Any idea what the problem is?

........Hoenie
by cdkeen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:09 pm
The faxline log will display " pages received" when no data was received and in that instance no email will be sent (regardless of the status indicated on the transmitting fax machine). Although I see you were able to send a fax to the machine which is failing (sometimes) to fax to your faxline the problem may be remedied by retransmitting (as the failure is likely on the transmitting side). If possible (as they are using a Sonic.net fusion line) the other party faxing you could utilize the send a fax tool as well. Sorry for any inconvenience!
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by airedale302 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:45 pm
I finally find out when the fax would go through and when the fax would not.

It has to do with the resolution. If I sent the fax in standard resolution, it went through. But if I sent it in fine or super fine resolution, it will not show up in my email.

Having said that, I have been sending fax in super fine resolution for more than a year without problem. It only failed to go through in December.

Perhaps something has changed that made FaxLine no longer accept super fine resolution?
by cdkeen » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:57 am
The faxline tool simply receives data from your sending fax machine. On the attempts that display in the faxline logs as " pages received" (as opposed to # pages received) are instances where the faxline tool has not received any data from the sending machine. Increasing the resolution will increase the file size. You should try to avoid transferring (or receiving) files over 25MB via the send-a-fax or faxline tools. Instead if possible use an online file storage service that is designed to transfer and share such large files.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
4 posts Page 1 of 1