Is pre-order pricing honored when hookup happens?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by mbolling74 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:57 pm
Or will the price get changed because a type of package available isn't offered anymore?

Just wondering if there is going to be a "bait and switch" type tactic.
by sdnick484 » Thu May 02, 2024 2:48 pm
That's a great question, especially given how long it takes for them to get fiber active in an area. I'm currently going on 15 months waiting.

On a similar note, I'm seeing offers in their Facebook ads that are better than when I signed up. For example, get your first couple months free, and I'm wondering if those of us who have been waiting will get enrolled for anything like that.
by mbolling74 » Thu May 02, 2024 8:01 pm
Yes it is, it's one that I asked their billing department but didn't get an answer for.

And I'm actually quite upset about it, because Sonic accidentally deleted my pre-order account, and now I'm being told that the package I have doesn't exist anymore, but they can re-sign up for one that does... it just so happens the one that does costs 67% more per month, and fury does not begin to explain the feelings I have about this.

Edit: ok, all has been right, I simply had to escalate the situation to a supervisor and it was fixed automatically
by dane » Wed May 08, 2024 5:13 pm
The current process is to honor whatever introductory deal (typically a month or so free) and to keep it at the price it was sold at for at least 12 months. But everything is subject to change, services are month-to-month, so we've got flexibility if we should need a price change to continue to run the business. And of course, consumers have no obligation either, it's prepaid a month at a time, so if you don't like our rate at any point you'd be able to switch. Of course, we want to stay competitive enough that this is never what you'll want to do! ;)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1