Awful download speeds in Oakland

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by tomrauch » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:06 pm
Today we are experiencing terrible download speeds in Oakland. My network admin thinks this is more of a Sonic issue - see the ping times and packet loss inside the Sonic network? Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Attachments

by artakamoose » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:15 pm
I haven't had any issues today, but I just ran several tests using the native Speedtest client with all of my browsers closed and no background downloads. Ping is around 4 ms, but half a dozen tests all yielded only an average of ~ 250M/250M. So yeah, something's up.

Edit: just ran the test on my router and it was much faster. Speedtest is still capping out around 250 up/down.
by artakamoose » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:34 am
Interesting... Well, turns out my speedtest results were caused by an internal network issue that recently cropped up (probably due to a firmware update). It's now resolved; so, thanks for helping me discover this.

Anyway, I hope things are running well in your neighborhood now.
by tomrauch » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:53 pm
We are back to our usual and expected speeds on both upload and download. I did hear back from Michael at Sonic support, and he believes the issue we experienced yesterday was caused by outdated firmware which has since been updated.
4 posts Page 1 of 1