403 Error for one site

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by neoscona » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:24 am
When I try to access the site https://www.aba.org/pdfviewer/birding-2 ... emode=none I get a 403 Access Forbidden error. I have tried changing the DSN to use Google (8.8.8.8) but still get the error. When I turn on VPN, the error goes away. If I am not at home, I do not have the problem.

I have tried everything that I can think of, and now simply turn on VPN when I want to access the site. Then everything works.

As this is the only site with this error, I think it must be some error in the tables at Sonic, but I am not sure.

Any ideas? Obviously, this is not a serious problem as there is an easy workaround.
by joeyyung911 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:57 am
What devices/OS are you using when trying to access this site, at home and away?
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by neoscona » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:05 am
I am using a Dell XPS laptop running Windows 11 with latest updates. I connect to the net using Google Nest, which connect directly to the Sonic broadband connection.
by joeyyung911 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:15 pm
Can you access it at home (WiFi) with your smart phone/tablet?
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by neoscona » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:14 am
Yes. Results are the same. If I turn off VPN, I get the 403 error. If I turn it on, I get the login. If I turn off WiFi and use just the phone, I cat access to the site.
by virtualmike » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:07 pm
It sounds like IP blocking. Perhaps contact the ABA administrators and provide your IP address and login to see if that's the case?
6 posts Page 1 of 1