Concord Progress?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by sdnick484 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:55 pm
Any news on whether Concord (particularly the Dana Estates area) is moving forward? I have been pre-registered for over a year at this point and have watched my go-live month slip a half a dozen times however that normally happens before the month it's pointing to starts. At this point we are almost half way through the month and my date is still showing March; I also saw some Sonic construction work down the street a few weeks ago. Before I get my hopes up, I was hoping to know if it might actually be happening soon.
by syntaxsid1 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:33 am
Hello,

We apologize for the lack of information about this. I will reach out to the powers that be and will update you once I have more information. Thank you for your patience.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by syntaxsid1 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:59 am
Hello again,

Our Fiber Engineering team responded with this statement:

"This address is in FDA 31 which is still under construction. Our best estimate for go-lives would be the one listed on the fiber status tool, but those dates aren't always accurate unfortunately. The backbone to reach their FDA is still being worked on, but the permitting issues have been resolved and hopefully, the he doesn't need to wait too much longer"

It's good to hear that the permitting has been resolved. In most cases, this is usually the delay that drags on and is out of our direct control. Unfortunately, they weren't able to provide an accurate estimate due to where they are in the construction phase. The Fiber status tool will be the location where we will provide the most up-to-date information when it becomes available. We apologize for the delay and hope this comes to a resolution soon. Thank you for your continued patience as we work on this.
Jeff M. with Community Escalations @ Sonic
by sdnick484 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:22 am
syntaxsid1 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:59 am Hello again,

Our Fiber Engineering team responded with this statement:

"This address is in FDA 31 which is still under construction. Our best estimate for go-lives would be the one listed on the fiber status tool, but those dates aren't always accurate unfortunately. The backbone to reach their FDA is still being worked on, but the permitting issues have been resolved and hopefully, the he doesn't need to wait too much longer"

It's good to hear that the permitting has been resolved. In most cases, this is usually the delay that drags on and is out of our direct control. Unfortunately, they weren't able to provide an accurate estimate due to where they are in the construction phase. The Fiber status tool will be the location where we will provide the most up-to-date information when it becomes available. We apologize for the delay and hope this comes to a resolution soon. Thank you for your continued patience as we work on this.
Thank you for looking into this, hearing the permitting is addressed is definitely great news.
by sdnick484 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:29 pm
Well I made it until yesterday with the tool stating March 2024, but looks like I'm now targeting May. Fingers crossed that new date sticks...
5 posts Page 1 of 1