Emerald Hills eternal pre-construction, anything I can do?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by akrieger » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:18 am
We've been in pre-construction for what feels like the entire time I've been here at the (bottom of) Emerald Hills, which is over 3 years now. Anyone I can email in any government office to help speed permits along? Do I need to walk up and down the street soliciting preorders to increase demand? We're on Cordilleras Road which runs parallel to Edgewood Road.

The funny thing is only a few months after we moved, Sonic lit up where we moved away from.

*renews Comcast 1G for another 2 years*
by jerrielm » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:56 am
Hello!

So generally, pre-construction means that we are working on getting permits, working with the city on where poles and lines will go, and several other things that we need to plan beforehand. Ill reach out to our team in the area to see what issues we might be facing. Once I have that information ill reach back out to you.

Best Wishes!
by shinji310 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:56 pm
I have been patiently waiting for the service. Definitely it's been in "pre-construction" phase for years. It's a critical infrastructure for modern society. I would appreciate issues holding up the process.

I am on Lakeview Way.

Since I have signed up with Sonic, I left Comcast and went with Starlink. It works well, although it gives far less throughput than fibre.
by shinji310 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:31 pm
Sonic's construction status now shows they are in "Construction" phase for my house (on Lakeview Way). It's exciting! Hopefully I see some Sonic construction people around soon.
by akrieger » Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:31 pm
Confirmed, we are also now in Construction phase with ETA of June. Let’s hope that pans out!
5 posts Page 1 of 1