Is the Bernal Heights rollout still happening?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by aatreya » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:28 pm
[Posting in a new thread as the old one has been ignored for months.]

I placed a preorder for fiber internet in Bernal Heights back in 2021. It's been silently delayed seven times since then, and the online status tracker is now quoting February 2024 as the estimated date of availability.

Could someone from Sonic share more details about what's going on here? Is this new date expected to stick?

I'm still looking forward to getting the service as soon as possible and would love to understand what is going on and if there's a way to help. Thank you!
by dane » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:21 am
Yes, it's still underway, but we are having challenges coordinating a muni inspector and City traffic enforcement. Original date for underground work there to interconnect was 1/8, but city staff was not available, likely due to holidays. We're waiting on an updated schedule from project coordinator here now. Forcast date was February 7th, but we'll miss that one - don't have a new date yet until we've got agreements on scheduling, then we've got two weeks of construction, some testing and activation.

Coming, but challenging!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aatreya » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 pm
Thank you very much for the update! Good luck getting it all coordinated and fingers crossed. Many of my neighbors and I are looking forward to it :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1