4 Month Installation Delay

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by gabrielaloren.gil » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:31 pm
I contacted Sonic in early October of 2023 after a sales representative came to our door. Our installation appointment was cancelled day of due to issues with the permits for the fiber cable drop. After that issue, Sonic said they would let us know when we could set up a new installation appointment and that we were "at the top of the list".

I contacted Sonic again in early December to check-in on the permits and hopefully schedule an installation appointment. The sales rep on the phone informed me that the drop was scheduled for that day and that I would receive an email with my installation appointment details. After two days, I called again and was told that the technicians didn't get to the drop for our building but that we were again at the "top of the list" and that the drop would occur the next day. I waited a few days and called in again, just to be told the same exact thing - that the drop would occur the next day!

I called again on January 16th after our neighbor in the unit below us informed us that he had already had Sonic installed and it only took him about two days to get everything set-up. The sales rep told me that a drop would still need to occur for our unit, but THE DROP WAS SCHEDULED FOR TODAY AND WAS DELAYED SO IT WILL OCCUR TOMORROW BUT DON'T WORRY BECAUSE WE ARE AT THE "TOP OF THE LIST"!!

I asked the sales rep why this kept happening and what we could do to move this along and they just told me that delays happen and that the unit below us getting his installed in two days has no bearing on our own installation, just two floors above in the same building!! I don't know what else to do, it's been 4 months and we just want to try out Fiber because our current Xfinity plan sucks. Has this happened to anyone else?? Does anyone have any advice?? We live in Pac Heights, SF (94115).
by robquiett » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:52 am
Apologies for the delay on this. I have a crew going out today to address your drop and will report back once they are able to complete the work. It looks like this was originally marked as needing a permit and we were able to identify an alternate route. It appears that unfortunately this note was missed by some of our previous crews adding to your delay.

Once the crew today reports back I will have our dispatch team reach out to you with further details.
by gabrielaloren.gil » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:21 pm
robquiett wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:52 am Apologies for the delay on this. I have a crew going out today to address your drop and will report back once they are able to complete the work. It looks like this was originally marked as needing a permit and we were able to identify an alternate route. It appears that unfortunately this note was missed by some of our previous crews adding to your delay.

Once the crew today reports back I will have our dispatch team reach out to you with further details.
Thank you SO much!! I didn't want to resort to posting about this, but I just wasn't sure what to do anymore and calling in every other day wasn't helping the situation at all. The crew came and did the drop this morning and I was just able to schedule our installation. Thank you again for getting this resolved so quickly, it is much appreciated!
3 posts Page 1 of 1