VoIP not working

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by eyoung712 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:45 am
We just signed up for service with Sonic. We purchased a grand stream voip phone and have been unsuccessful with set up. Keeps asking for SIP #. We get a dial tone but automatically goes to busy signal. Called help desk and best answer was.,. It should work. Shouldn’t need SIP. !

Getting very frustrated and considering canceling
by dane » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:12 am
Sonic’s voice services for residential and small business customers are delivered with an analog telephone adaptor, so that you can connect any standard phone via a normal phone jack. We do not offer SIP service to customer-owned VoIP equipment.

(We do have an enterprise solution for large businesses where their own phone system devices can be used with SIP, but that’s a custom configuration for larger businesses, generally combined with multi-site WAN and IP services.)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by eyoung712 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:28 am
Thank you for that response. Will I be provided with an adapter or is that something I need to purchase?
**Update** Just called tech support and spoke to Christopher. He told us this is an "old" System that is no longer used and that adapters are not used.
by dane » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:30 am
eyoung712 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:28 am Thank you for that response. Will I be provided with an adapter or is that something I need to purchase?
**Update** Just called tech support and spoke to Christopher. He told us this is an "old" System that is no longer used and that adapters are not used.
If your service is Sonic fiber, there would be a telephone jack on the optical network terminal deployed at your home. It's got both Ethernet and Phone jacks on the unit.

See an example for one of the customer premise equipment solutions we deploy, here: https://help.sonic.com/hc/en-us/article ... dTran-622v
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ngufra » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:44 pm
For residential service, in addition to plugging an analog phone to the ATA on the ONT, you can also use the sonic mobile communicator soft voip client.
It allows placing and receiving calls from the app and will work anywhere (wifi or data plan)
It is a proprietary client.
5 posts Page 1 of 1