San Rafael: Fiber install date slipped four months

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by joss » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:02 am
On Monday crews installed the fiber optic cables on the poles outside my house. My wife spoke to one of the crew and he said that the next steps are splicing the cables, adding the network and testing. Those 'next steps' in the process have probably always been. So why has the availability date slipped from March 2024 to July 2024 following Monday's installation?

I'm happy that the installation is proceeding. But a little perplexed as to why the date has been March for the last six months and now isn't.

Edit: Since there was no reply, I thought I'd edit this to add a little more info. My wife clarified that "one of the crew" above turned out to be the foreman of the installers. She identified us to him as a Sonic customer. She told him about the March estimate and he indicated that seemed right. So we were surprised and, as noted, perplexed as to why the install date slipped four months. It had been estimated to be March since late last summer.
by jerrielm » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:37 am
Hello!

Sadly, it looks like we have hit delays for your area. While the timeframe was pushed out till July, there is still a good chance we finish before that. Once ready, we will reach out to you!

Best Wishes!
2 posts Page 1 of 1