Sonic relay email server and DMARC changes

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by victormatheus » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:26 pm
Hi everyone, I use sonic as a SMTP email relay for my email domain and server. I’m wondering if/how the upcoming changes to Google/Yahoo requiring DMARC in Feb 2024 are going to affect me.

I have SPF and DKIM set up on my DNS but don’t have DMARC.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
by kgc » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:52 am
The short answer is, it probably won't unless you're a high volume sender.

The longer answer is that you should probably make sure that any email that originates from your server is both signed, and has valid SPF and DMARC DNS records. Signing for a single domain is straight forward and you'll probably use either opendkim's milter or your mail server's built in signing feature. Make sure your SPF record has "include: mail.sonic.net". You can use a DMARC record generator online to get that sorted out.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by ark » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:45 pm
Please post example requests for a sample domain, e.g., sample.com, to be able to send and receive mail using sonic.net email to Google and Yahoo.

Best regards,
Arthur
by lr » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:58 am
There is extensive discussion, including examples, in the Access sub-forum (top one), for example in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=17844
Linda and Ralph and John; 735 Sunset Ridge Road; Los Gatos, CA 95033; 408-395-1435
4 posts Page 1 of 1