Reviews of Live TV Streaming Services

Television services and online video discussion.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by ewhac » Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:23 pm
The Ancestral Estate (i.e. my mom's house in Marin County) is receiving flyers to hook up Sonic's 10Gb fiber service. I would like nothing more than to help tell AT&T and Comcast to take a flying leap. However, for this to be acceptable to the household, there would have to be a suitable replacement for the "traditional" cable TV service. In particular, it would have to carry NBC Sports Bay Area, which broadcasts the San Francisco Giants games.

YouTube TV seems like it would work, but I'd like to get some feedback from other users on which live TV streaming services people are using with Sonic, how well they've behaved, and how well they like them.
by dane » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:01 pm
I’ve been using YouTubeTV and have been very satisfied with it. Only complaint is the price, which I think is now up to around $75. But the DVR, portability, and Google account integration are great. Channels available seem to be pretty comprehensive.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:56 pm
We also use YouTube TV, and find its service to be as good as, if not better than, traditional wireline cable offerings. In addition to Dane's comments, we enjoy being able to use it when we travel. When we're in another area, we see the channels local to that area, but any scheduled recordings continue for us to review at a later time.

If you go to YT TV's home page and scroll down, you can enter your zip code to see what's offered for that location. I entered a Mill Valley zip code and NBC Sports Bay Area, as well as NBC Sports California, are listed as part of the standard service.
3 posts Page 1 of 1