Caller-ID date/time wrong in Redwood City

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by jht51 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:20 am
Is anyone else in Redwood City with Sonic's DSL/Fusion service having a problem with the date and time info shown on their phone for incoming calls?

For the past 2 or 3 weeks, the date and time shown on my landline phones for incoming calls has been wildly wrong, by some 312 days. For instance, a call received yesterday (11/27) at 10:11AM showed on the caller-ID display and in the phone's call log as "11:57PM 1/18". The amount of error seems to be consistent across calls: slow by 312 days, 10h, 14m (449,894 minutes).

I'm having that problem with two independent phones, both showing the same 312-day error. As I understand it, the caller-ID date/time info comes from the telco's central office, so I'm wondering if the Redwood City C.O. may have a confguration problem.
by mtardif » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:45 pm
This has been fixed. We did a system component replacement on the DSLAM a few weeks back and some expected configuration pertaining to NTP and time zones was corrupted. We are writing a monitor to scan our network for the type of fault to catch this before anybody notices next time. Please open a support ticket if this problem persists. I'm terribly sorry this was affecting you. I would have been very annoyed!
--
Michael Tardif
Network Engineering Manager
Sonic Telecom
by jht51 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:25 am
Michael, yes, the caller-id date/time looks good now. Thanks for the speedy fix and for the info about what heppened. (For what it's worth, I reported this problem to Support several days earlier (ticket #7335167), but I don't know if it got passed along to Engineering.)
3 posts Page 1 of 1