Any news on Fiber in RP?

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by linuxnut » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:15 am
Sucks being forced to use xfinity here. I see the sonic trucks all the time, but still shows up as not available in this area.

-S
by dane » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:00 am
I have done outreach to Rohnert Park over the years and have not had much success. The most recent response a couple of years ago was that they had performed a survey of the residents, and that based upon the responses broadband deployment was not a priority, so it wasn’t something they wanted to work with us on. I certainly understand, issues like housing, public safety and schools and parks are all areas that many cities struggle, and with limited staffing resources they can’t do it all.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by linuxnut » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:45 am
I wonder who they surveyed, people who all own stock in xfinity lol. I've lived here for 14 years, and I never saw a survey on this. :/

Thanks for answering back.. I'll ask again in a year ;)

-S
by dane » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:54 pm
If you're a resident but haven't seen the survey, maybe inquire. I think they do a resident survey every year or two. Apparently all of the responses did not relate to broadband, so it wasn't something they could focus on and engage with us.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1