Mesh Eero, extender, ethernet out?

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by bwallen » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:43 am
When we got our unit installed the guy told us if we got a second eero unit, to extend signal, we could not use the ethernet out for internet. Now I know it wont be wired speed like we get from main eero unit (right?) but would the ethernet be at least a bit more stable than using wifi?

A buddy is signing up for Sonic today, and claimed his tech person said "Im pretty sure you can use the ethernet out on the extended unit, just as you could the main unit.

Some how this doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone?
by brandonc » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:01 pm
bwallen wrote:When we got our unit installed the guy told us if we got a second eero unit, to extend signal, we could not use the ethernet out for internet. Now I know it wont be wired speed like we get from main eero unit (right?) but would the ethernet be at least a bit more stable than using wifi?

A buddy is signing up for Sonic today, and claimed his tech person said "Im pretty sure you can use the ethernet out on the extended unit, just as you could the main unit.

Some how this doesn't make any sense to me. Anyone?
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you received conflicting information regarding the Eero unit. Any additional Eeros on the network should provide Ethernet connectivity, just like the primary Eero gateway. The speeds should be pretty close to ~800mbps-900mbps even on the "extender" Eero's, however this is dependent on all the Eeros being within range from one another. You can log into the Eero app to check the signal health between each unit to determine if they are too far apart or not.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1