Page 1 of 1

How to use phone service?

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:29 am
by nobaq
Let me make clear like most people I am also very frustrated by the forcing me to pay 120$/year for nothing.

But even if I wanted to use if, how? I did not get an analog phone adapter for example. I could not find instructions online or in the member home.

Re: How to use phone service?

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:31 am
by loherj
At this point in time, we only offer Gigabit Fusion Internet + Phone. When we first started providing service, this was the only way that we could due to the available infrastructure, and our system was built around it. This service offering also makes us a telco provider, which allows us to access and provide service over the infrastructure that we currently do. That being said, we do hear you and hope to one day have a stand-alone Gigabit Internet-only offering available for those who want it. At this point in time, that option is not available, but hopefully, we can find a way to offer it in the near future.

As far as utilizing the phone portion of your service, you should not need an Analog Telephone Adapter. You can plug your phone line directly into the ONT (Optical Network Terminal). If you have active phone jacks in your home, you can connect a phone line from the ONT to one of the jacks, and if your home is back-fed, the other jacks should become active.

If you are unable to get your phone service working, please contact our support team by calling (707)-547-3400 seven days a week between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. We would be happy to assist you.

Re: How to use phone service?

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:32 am
by nobaq
Got it, thanks will try this.
Few followup questions:

1) It says calling to xx countries (e.g. Germany) is free but upon closer look that’s only landlines

2) I tried SONIC mobile communicator. Seems text messages are supported (=SMS). What is the rate for text messages ? (Both US and worldwide)

3) There’s also a video call option. How does this work? In other words, what software/hardware does the other party need and what is the rate?