path to my voicemail files

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by mrbiggles » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:18 pm
Almost all the messages in my voicemail are robo hangups. I want to create a cron job to delete them but to do that I need to know the path of the files.

$ find ~ -type f -name '*.wav' and

$ find ~ -type f -name '*.WAV'

return nothing.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

-James Cruce
by jerrielm » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:32 am
Hello!

Are you trying to set this up on the ATA or your desktop? Are you using the Sonic Mobile Communicator or Desktop Communicator?

Best Wishes!
by mrbiggles » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:38 am
Hi, I'm sorry but I have to plead ignorance. I know the ATA is between the router and my phone. As to the other stuff I have no idea!
Almost every voicemail I get on the line is robo spam. I have shell access and an idea that if I can locate the files I can create a cron job to delete them based on file size. But I am unable to locate the message files, and Sonic may not allow direct access anyway. My apologies if this is vague, I don't know much about how Sonic does things.

Thanks for your help,

-jc
by joemuller » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:33 pm
Hi JC,

For phone services that leverage VOIP (IP Broadband and Fiber), there's no direct access to voicemail messages from the shell server. As an alternative, you can change your voice settings on our Member Tools site to deliver exclusively to email and immediately delete the originals, after which you'd be able to process those messages as emails. Note that by unchecking the 'Leave original in Inbox' option, you will not be able to listen to those messages via the call-in number, *99, or the Sonic Mobile Communicator app.

-- Joe M
System Operations
Sonic.
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
4 posts Page 1 of 1