Hayward Fiber Availability

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
55 posts Page 1 of 6
by paorara » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:37 pm
Hello -

Can anyone from Sonic shed some light, please?

I was checking my account for fiber installation status for Hayward and it was showing still in pre-construction for my address.

However, If I use the check availability tool, I can now order for Hayward for $49 ($10 than my pre-order). I am not sure what is correct?

Thanks!
by dane » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:47 pm
Yes, we are building in that area. I believe we are waiting on permits at this time. Don’t cancel your pre-order, we will deliver as rapidly as we can.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by paorara » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:31 pm
Great, Thanks Dane!
by arleeno » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:40 pm
Hi, Also live in Hayward and want to upgrade my current Fusion Broadband (DSL) to Fiber. Any updates on when that will happen?
by brandonc » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:43 am
arleeno wrote:Hi, Also live in Hayward and want to upgrade my current Fusion Broadband (DSL) to Fiber. Any updates on when that will happen?
Hi there,

We're currently in the pre-construction phase for that area where we apply for permits to install our infrastructure. You should have received an email from us with a link inside that will display the current progress for your area and updates. I re-sent that to your email now in case the last one got missed and buried.

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by arleeno » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:46 pm
Thank you for the quick response. Yes, I did receive the email.
by jeffreyromualdo » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:06 am
What about those who live in townhomes with HOA. Will we have to work with our HOA so that you can install fiber to my home once it become available? Or do you work with HOAs?
by brandonc » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:56 pm
jeffreyromualdo wrote:What about those who live in townhomes with HOA. Will we have to work with our HOA so that you can install fiber to my home once it become available? Or do you work with HOAs?
Hi Jeffrey,

For multi-dwelling buildings (4 or more units), we will work directly with the property owner/HOA to get approval as well as send out a representative to perform a "site survey" with them to ensure everything is done to their preference since there's a lot more cabling/equipment involved to service every unit.

However, for single homes, we proceed with the installation with the customer normally under the assumption that they've already talked everything over with their HOA/Landlord beforehand and gotten approval.

I hope this answered your question!

Kind regards,
Brandon C.
Community and Escalations
Sonic
by tarzxf » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:36 pm
Is this needed in general, or is it city by city? Got 3-4 tenants in a 10-unit itching for some proper high-speed connectivity in Downtown San Jose.
brandonc wrote:
jeffreyromualdo wrote:What about those who live in townhomes with HOA. Will we have to work with our HOA so that you can install fiber to my home once it become available? Or do you work with HOAs?
Hi Jeffrey,

For multi-dwelling buildings (4 or more units), we will work directly with the property owner/HOA to get approval as well as send out a representative to perform a "site survey" with them to ensure everything is done to their preference since there's a lot more cabling/equipment involved to service every unit.

However, for single homes, we proceed with the installation with the customer normally under the assumption that they've already talked everything over with their HOA/Landlord beforehand and gotten approval.

I hope this answered your question!

Kind regards,
by loherj » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:11 am
This is needed in general. Our Multi-dwelling unit process does not differ city by city. A 10-unit dwelling will more than likely be considered an MDU (Multi-dwelling Unit) install. You can read more about this at https://www.sonic.com/communities


tarzxf wrote:Is this needed in general, or is it city by city? Got 3-4 tenants in a 10-unit itching for some proper high-speed connectivity in Downtown San Jose.
brandonc wrote:
jeffreyromualdo wrote:What about those who live in townhomes with HOA. Will we have to work with our HOA so that you can install fiber to my home once it become available? Or do you work with HOAs?
Hi Jeffrey,

For multi-dwelling buildings (4 or more units), we will work directly with the property owner/HOA to get approval as well as send out a representative to perform a "site survey" with them to ensure everything is done to their preference since there's a lot more cabling/equipment involved to service every unit.

However, for single homes, we proceed with the installation with the customer normally under the assumption that they've already talked everything over with their HOA/Landlord beforehand and gotten approval.

I hope this answered your question!

Kind regards,
Jacob - Community & Escalations Specialist
Sonic
55 posts Page 1 of 6

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 999 on Mon May 10, 2021 1:02 am

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot] and 2 guests