Hayward Fiber Availability

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
43 posts Page 3 of 5
by josephtgarcia » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:46 pm
ghalog wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:14 am The estimated date of live Fiber in my neighborhood is Jan 2024 which honestly I take as probably gonna be live in late February 2024 with all the holidays and such naturally slowing things down before the end of the year.
Mine got pushed back a week or two ago to Feb 2024, a little sad about that but at least I have time to maybe upgrade some of my stuff before then.
by oddhack » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:47 pm
Is anyone in the Santa Clara neighborhood queued up for fiber / have an estimate? I'm just about done with Xfinity and AT&T has a pretty appealing offer right now (in addition to getting rid of some of their past stupid policies, apparently). But would still like to get back on Sonic for more than email, if it's just a matter of a couple of months.
by secretbetta » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:38 am
I'm also in Hayward. Signed up a couple months ago and estimate was dec but has now moved up to february after checking on it :( Hoping it finished by late february!
by tqownxvybrisoanxheoa » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:38 pm
Any possibility sonic will install on Palisade St? Was a bit disheartened when ATT fiber skipped the street a few years back when they were rolling out fiber. One street over has it :(
by secretbetta » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:36 pm
For anyone who sees this thread, it's February now and it doesn't look like the estimate is being pushed back any further! :) Excited to hop on the sonic fiber plan soon.
by ghalog » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:02 pm
It’s February so I hope my install actually happens this month and is acceptable to my HOA🤞🏽
by ghalog » Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:23 pm
Welp spoke too soon. It’s now April 2024 for my neighborhood. Sucks
by secretbetta » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:32 pm
Same, spoke too soon :( April as well. The delays keep coming unfortunately. Is it because of the storm?
by dane » Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:22 pm
secretbetta wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:32 pm Same, spoke too soon :( April as well. The delays keep coming unfortunately. Is it because of the storm?
No, as I understand it you the primary cause of delays there has been the City’s new permitting policies. When Sonic arrived they enacted a lot of new restrictions, processes and costs that did not apply when AT&T and Comcast were the only providers there.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by josephtgarcia » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:08 am
Mine is still saying February... is there any way to get an internal update on this or am I just stuck checking up on the status tool page?
43 posts Page 3 of 5