Anyone else notice a lot of streaming video service dropouts?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
12 posts Page 2 of 2
by jwbaker » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:34 am
dane wrote:Wow, that’s an interesting one! How did you find the bad switch?
I happened to walk by the switch one evening and I heard the sizzling sound. The next day after I replaced it Hulu etc were all working fine again.
by rcoaster » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:57 pm
jwbaker wrote:Just closing the loop here. I root-caused this to a sparking light switch on the other side of my house. It did not seem to affect any of my 5GHz stuff but was knocking the television's 2.4GHz radio off the air. This did not seem to affect YouTube because while I use YouTube while goofing off during the day, I never use it at night. I replaced the switch and now Hulu etc all work normally.
I truly love this post!

A customer had a problem, and when it got solved, they came back to their discussion and explained in detail exactly the cause of the problem and the specific solution. Also, thinking about and describing how and why an exception to the problem existed.

jwbaker, Thank you for "closing the loop here". This is awesome! Most important of course is that your problem is gone, but it was really nice for you to take the time to post your update.
12 posts Page 2 of 2