Firewalla [Purple] + eero6 + Adtran 411 ONT

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by gbrivkalns001 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:47 pm
Any reason the "standard" eero6 and Adtran 411 supplied by Sonic would not be compatible with a Firewalla?

I am not wild about how AmazonEERO does their various subscription services, but still want things like content control and scheduling, etc.
by gbrivkalns001 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:53 pm
Nobody has any feedback on this?
by js9erfan » Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:27 am
I haven't used Firewalla but according to the specs you can use the purple version as a router or a transparent bridge - see here: https://help.firewalla.com/hc/en-us/art ... de-to-use-

To answer your question, yes, it should be compatible. Set the Firewalla to router mode and change the Eero to bridge mode (ONT > Firewalla > Eero). The Eero will still provide wifi coverage with the Firewalla acting as the router, firewall, DHCP server, etc.

According to the Firewalla page it also does content filtering. If you need more ports put a switch between the Firewalla and Eero (ONT > Firewalla > switch > Eero).

If in doubt you can always contact their support prior to purchase and explain your setup. Good luck.
by gbrivkalns001 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:43 am
K thanks.

I've got one on order and will report back how it works. I know they will work with fiber and eeros but more wondering if there were any peculiarities to Sonic's fiber that might prove a bit problematic. The more I read the more I am guessing "no".
by jskulski21 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:59 am
This is an old thread, but I'm this setup and am having trouble obtaining an IP with the firewalla. It's simplified to ONT -> Firewalla with a new cat6 cable that was just tested.

I think this all works in theory, I ran across this blog post with this setup: https://honeypot.net/post/eero-plus-fir ... erfection/

but I was unable to get an internet connection (failed DHCP IP lease), though local networking is up. I'll try again tonight.
5 posts Page 1 of 1