I need more fiber in my diet

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Elio » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:43 pm
Sonic.net-

I need more fiber in my diet.

I went to a local friend's house who showed me his comcast speed. I get 6Mbs through sonic.net and things definitely slow when I'm using my roku, someone is using MOG, someone is using cloud storage, all at the same time. My friend's download speed was 53Mbs.

I live in Rockridge, Oakland. Several years ago I swore off AT&T, presumably forever. Now I'm looking at their products because they are much faster than sonic and not as expensive as comcast.

Save me from myself. Can I get some fiber in my local Rockridge diet?

-E
by bobrk » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 am
It seems like you could just print money with all the demand out there and the dissatisfaction with Comcast and AT&T offerings.
by rcsheets » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37 am
Not that fiber wouldn't be great, but I just switched to sonic.net from Comcast and I couldn't be happier. A fast pipe isn't very useful if it fails, particularly when failures don't seem to get any attention from the service provider.

I'm sure everyone weighs performance vs. reliability differently though. Is there a roadmap from Sonic regarding what new stuff we can expect in the future? Personally I'm looking forward to 6RD, which obviously isn't speed related, but I wonder what else is in store, maybe for next year.
by egizzi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:49 pm
Agreed. I have had sonic for probably 4-5 years now. Some initial trouble but it was an at&t connection problem. I love sonic. I just wish they had faster service. Some neighbors of mine reported back to me that they have uverse and it is very stable and very fast. Oy.
by egizzi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:38 pm
With great sadness I announce my departure from sonic.net.

I will return once the internet speeds in my area go up.

I have gone to the cable darkside of comcast.

Please pray for my return to sonic.net at some point soon.
5 posts Page 1 of 1