Please remove fax from queue

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by earsight » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:27 pm
Hi,

I attempted to send a fax earlier today (Tue, 12 Nov, 17:44:22 -0800) but it failed after many attempts. Apparently it is still in queue. Based on posts I have read on this forum, I am very concerned that the number will continue to ring throughout the night at the recipient's location. This is an older woman's home and it would be quite horrible if the phone rang five times in succession, repeatedly.

I can find another way to get the information to her. The important thing is to remove the fax from the queue, since "send fax" apparently is not working. I cannot remove or "delete" the fax myself. (Something to consider for the future -- adding the ability to stop a fax in the lab tool)

Also, based on skimming this forum, it is possible that the fax actually DID go through on each attempt, and she now has dozens of copies of it, which would be a real drag if it's one of those machines that automatically prints the fax.

I called the support line but it seems that this may be a better place to go for fax help.

Thanks very much.

Melanie
by earsight » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:59 pm
I'm replying to myself, lol... but hopefully tech will see this add-on to my initial post.

I have rechecked, and it looks like the fax is no longer in queue, that it has simply failed. Will you please verify this for me? (That the program will not continue to attempt to send the failed fax from Tue, 12 Nov 13 17:44:22 -0800)

The message is "Received no response to DCS or TCF".

As a test, I sent the same fax document from my sonic "fax number" and did receive it in my email. Not sure if that tells us anything.

As I said earlier, there are other ways to get this pdf to the recipient. However, I failed to point out that I will then need to RECEIVE a fax from her, which may be quite a few pages. It is of sufficient importance that I need to be sure I receive all the pages.
by dane » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:37 pm
Yes, once it fails, you'll get the notification and then it will stop.

As for the inbound FAX, they'll just have to try it - should work, but you might want to have them call you after sending to confirm you got it.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1