IPv6 with Sonic ONT

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
159 posts Page 14 of 16
by graeme_stewart » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:11 am
Woo Hoo! Overnight network maintenance seems to have fully resolved IPv6 allocations (at least for me!). Awesome work, thank you! DHCPv6 /56 FTW!!

Would love to know what changed / how this was fixed???
by tigertech » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:40 am
Is there any update on the status of systemwide IPv6 support?

It was first made available to some neighborhoods in September 2022. It seems to have been stuck in the "IPv6 is available in a few neighborhoods while we're testing it, but we can't tell you which neighborhoods, nor the schedule" phase for more than a year now.

Is IPv6 still a low priority at Sonic? I hope not. Sonic is excellent in so many ways, but this is.... not excellent.
by jerrielm » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:59 pm
tigertech wrote:Is there any update on the status of systemwide IPv6 support?

It was first made available to some neighborhoods in September 2022. It seems to have been stuck in the "IPv6 is available in a few neighborhoods while we're testing it, but we can't tell you which neighborhoods, nor the schedule" phase for more than a year now.

Is IPv6 still a low priority at Sonic? I hope not. Sonic is excellent in so many ways, but this is.... not excellent.
Hello!

To my understanding, most customers should be able to us IPV6. I took a look at your account already and it seems that there is allocations for IPV6. Try it out and let me know!

Best Wishes!
by jerrielm » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:37 am

Hello!

While we do have many areas that have IPv6 Active, I just double-checked your address. It seems that Berekely is still one of our areas that does not have IPv6 live yet. Ill check around to see if we have a timeframe and will let you know if we have or don't have one yet.

Best Wishes!
by timothyzhu » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:42 am
jerrielm wrote:

Hello!

While we do have many areas that have IPv6 Active, I just double-checked your address. It seems that Berekely is still one of our areas that does not have IPv6 live yet. Ill check around to see if we have a timeframe and will let you know if we have or don't have one yet.

Best Wishes!
Hm I was about to say, I also don't see IPv6 working and I'm in Berkeley...
by pancakes » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:26 pm
Would it be possible for one of the Sonic folks monitoring this thread to tell me if my location and ONT is IPv6 capable? I periodically check my router but I never see any successful attempts to pull an address.
by jerrielm » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:33 am
pancakes wrote:Would it be possible for one of the Sonic folks monitoring this thread to tell me if my location and ONT is IPv6 capable? I periodically check my router but I never see any successful attempts to pull an address.
Hello!

I was just told that your area is also with out IPv6. Once it is ready, I believe we will be letting our customers know. Sorry for the long wait!

Best Wishes!
by roguelazer » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:04 am
I was so optimistic that the maintenance in the East Bay last night was finally going to bring IPv6; unfortunately, neither my home in Berkeley, nor my office in Oakland is getting anything on DHCPv6. :cry:
by espier » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:12 pm
Looks like ipv6 just turned on for me overnight (or within the last day or two since I checked). I'm in North Oakland (Longfellow area) with 1G Sonic fiber service (not resold ATT).
by roguelazer » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:21 am
Last night's Berkeley maintenance turned on IPv6! Hooray for AS 46375!
159 posts Page 14 of 16