Upload spam whitelist file?

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by bobrk » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm
Is there a way to do it? I can edit the file and upload it much faster than clicking through every whitelisted address on the web.
by kgc » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:20 pm
No, there's no way to upload it. You could swap over to the shell managed spamassassin and configure it using the various .files if you like.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by bobrk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:00 pm
Thanks, is there a link to instructions for this? I've played around with procmail in the past, so I'm not afraid...
by kgc » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:33 pm
I'm not sure there is anymore, anything you already have configured would need to be preserved since it won't be used. (It won't be deleted, but SA won't look at it and the membertools, thinking it is off, won't let you edit or view the config.)

$ rm .spamcan-spamassassin-sql
$ touch .spamcan-spamassassin

Send youreslf a message

$ cd .spamassassin
$ vi user_prefs

The default user_prefs file should get you started, beyond that, I'd look at the SpamAssassin wiki pages.
Kelsey Cummings
by bobrk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:41 pm
Thanks again, I'll check it out later.

So I've set my allowed score very low, like 1 and so I make many visits to Graymail and whitelist a lot of addresses. How many can I whitelist before I start to see degradation in email performance? It seems very fast right now, and I have several hundred whitelisted addresses. Just curious if there is a known upper limit.
by kgc » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:44 pm
There isn't a defined practical upper limit and you should feel free to turn your mailbox into something approaching "default closed" by using a low score and lots of whitelist entries.
Kelsey Cummings
6 posts Page 1 of 1