Will Send-A-Fax ever be fixed?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by jtec » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:34 am
Will Send-A-Fax ever be fixed? I continually get failures when the recipient fax line is working, not busy, etc. There have been a lot of posts on this, but no resolution. Calls to support line have not provided help.
by cdkeen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:54 am
The last status from your last send-a-fax transmission shows success however the number of failures warranted further examination into the root cause: Our system is detecting fax tones from 866-xxx-xxxx but that end hangs up on the connection after ~30 seconds during the failed transactions. This is likely due to congestion on the receiving fax system as the failures are intermittent.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by dane » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:53 pm
I think we've seen a mixture of failures, some of which are fixed (dialing issues with some area codes) and some of which persist (incompatibility with some remote systems, random failures, etc.) The short version I think is that most issues have been resolved, but some remote host incompatibility (particularly with Brother FAX machines) seems to persist, and we don't have a fix in the pipeline.

Support by phone won't be able to assist with FaxLine, it's a "Labs" feature, and only supported here in the Forums, sorry.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jtec » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 pm
Thanks for replying. However, I just got an email from the recipient of my faxes - apparently all those attempts that showed as failed actually did go through. They received "dozens" of faxes from me and were not pleased. So - it appears there is a problem on Sonic's end that indicates the fax hasn't gone through when it actually has. Is there a cure?
by cdkeen » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm
dane wrote:The short version I think is that most issues have been resolved, but some remote host incompatibility (particularly with Brother FAX machines) seems to persist, and we don't have a fix in the pipeline.
Sorry for the trouble with the tool but as Dane stated there is no remedy at the moment.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by kgc » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:19 pm
When this happens the call is dropping before we've received the final acknowledgement from the remote fax machine that the fax was successful or not. There isn't anything we can do about this failure since the end is not on our end.

I have, however, pushed some updates out that MAY have some positive effect on fax reliability.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
6 posts Page 1 of 1