unlisted number

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:29 pm
Because my landline number is unlisted, I get no spam or solicitation calls. If I switch to Sonic Fusion, will I be opening myself up to those kind of calls?
by wa2ibm » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:30 pm
When you switch to Sonic Fusion phone service, the listing will remain in the state that it exists in at that time. In your case, since it's unlisted, it will remain unlisted.

Sonic does not have any way to change that setting once you have moved your service over. Thus, ensure that it's set the way you want it before migrating.
by Guest » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:30 pm
Thank you! Very helpful.
by John Lin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:25 am
Isn't the listing actually provided by the current phone provider for that calendar year only since if what you said was true, wouldn't someone just be able to pay AT&T to have their phone number unlisted and then move to sonic.net fusion and then it remains unlisted without having to pay the fee to have the number unlisted?
by virtualmike » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:53 pm
My number was unlisted before I switched to Fusion, and it remains unlisted, even though Sonic.net does not charge a fee.
by dane » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:59 am
Yes, that's correct, your unlisted status will remain, and we don't charge a fee for this. One more little savings!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by scottlongwell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:10 pm
I just put in an order for service with Sonic. And asked for a New Loop, and chose a new number. I'd like my number to be unlisted, is this the default?

I had a long conversation with the sales person about how I wanted to get a new number so I'd stop getting all the sales calls. And he said those would go away if I switched to Sonic.net and went the New Loop route.

But I just wanted to make sure that the number would be unlisted.

Thanks.
by dane » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:25 pm
Yes, new numbers are unlisted. There is no charge for this.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Radarrab » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:18 pm
If the existing phone number with ATT is unlisted, but we want to have the initial Sonic installation be a separate line/number to test out the internet speed, then port over the ATT number when we're sure things are ok, would it remain unlisted?
by dane » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:45 pm
Radarrab wrote:If the existing phone number with ATT is unlisted, but we want to have the initial Sonic installation be a separate line/number to test out the internet speed, then port over the ATT number when we're sure things are ok, would it remain unlisted?
Yes.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
10 posts Page 1 of 1