Nomorobo/ simultaneous ringing

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
by gvanacker » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:03 pm
Nomorobo has come online. I would like to be able to use nomorobo, but cannot because Sonic does not support simultaneous ringing. Anything coming?

Greg VanAcker
Sacramento
by cdkeen » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:56 am
Because Sonic.net does not offer simulring Fusion will not work with the nomorobo service.

However we do have our own actively maintained Fusion robo call and telemarketing blocklist. It is enabled by default, but for customers who wish to opt out it is configurable from the member tools area: https://members.sonic.net/voice/settings/

We have set up a thread in this forum for reporting spam callers: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1097

At present you are encouraged to post the numbers of unsolicited calls you receive on that thread for investigation and inclusion into the list.

Thanks for choosing Sonic.net!
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by dane » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:12 pm
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:23 pm
dane wrote:Saw this recent news too:
Ah. This explains why my banks and credit card issuer have been sending modified TOS that say if I continue to use their services, then I agree to accept calls/texts from them at any number they may have on file for me, even if it's a wireless number... CYA.
by randystotler » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 am
Robo calls are now coming through as 'Unavailable'. How does your blocklist or nomorobo for that matter deal with that?
by dane » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:09 am
randystotler wrote:Robo calls are now coming through as 'Unavailable'. How does your blocklist or nomorobo for that matter deal with that?
Do you have our call ID blocked call rejection turned on?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by randystotler » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:15 am
No, because some friends have caller ID blocked outgoing, especially on cell phones. Irritating but a catch 22.
by virtualmike » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 pm
randystotler wrote:No, because some friends have caller ID blocked outgoing, especially on cell phones. Irritating but a catch 22.
We don't have the issue currently, but in the past, once our friends understood that we weren't answering anonymous calls, they reprogrammed their phone books to add *82 to the beginning of the dial string.
by tpanero » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:22 pm
Call blocking by number will not stop the majority of the calls I get. Please add me to the list of those who would like to use a comprehensive service like Nomorobo.
by johnmrea » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:34 pm
would like to use nomorobo as well, just because the "crowd" from which it sources bad numbers is much larger than could be the case with the Sonicnet user base. And, I notice now, that nearly all the robocalls have a spoof Caller ID--often amazingly distant from the actual call center, judging by the accents of the callers. So, just enabling rejection of calls without caller ID is no longer a useful strategy.
And so the arms race between spam and useful phone service goes on. Best of luck
14 posts Page 1 of 2