Fax Line Still Not Working

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
14 posts Page 1 of 2
by rhammel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm
Tried several times in last few days. Have used it before with no problems. My area code is 831. Error message after five failed attempts in always the same
-ERR INVALID_NUMBER_FORMAT. Any ideas?
by desertflyer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:12 pm
Invalid number format looks like the phone number entered isn't valid. Are you entering it like 831-555-1234? You don't need to enter a 1 before the area code, but you do need to enter the area code.

If you are in a bind and really need to send your fax now before this is resolved, you could try http://faxzero.com/. You can send a free fax with a coverpage ad or pay $1.99 for one without the ad. I used it before I had Sonic.
by rhammel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:02 pm
No my format is correct; tried several times and have used this service since it started. I was sending a med list to my local doctors and can easily drop it at their offices. Thanks for the reply though.
by rhammel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:53 am
-ERR INVALID_NUMBER_FORMAT

cover_subject:Hammel Med Matrix
cover_from_name:Robert Hammel
cover_letter:1
cover_to_name:Dr Hendrick

I have never entered a 1
by cdkeen » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:43 pm
Sorry for the inconvenience, we have identified the problem and it should be resolved shortly. I will create a post when this issue is repaired, Thank you for your patience.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
by rhammel » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:08 pm
Thanks in advance!
by kgc » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 pm
Sorry for the late reply but this was fixed pretty soon after cdkeen's post was made.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by rhammel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:06 pm
Last evening at about 845PM, two faxes were successful and two not. Just retrans the one that did not go. All to Drs in my area code to whom I sent faxes before. Will post if third fax goes through.
by rhammel » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:53 pm
Final fax sent today, all seems to be OK. Many thanks to all.
by virtualmike » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:31 pm
I'm having problems today. I'm trying to send instructions to my financial institution to finalize my 2012 taxes before Tuesday's deadline. I tried twice, and both times, I got this:
Subject: Failed Fax Notice
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:34:50 -0700
To: xxxxxxxx@sonic.net

Faxing of <filename>.pdf to 1925nnnnnnn failed after 5 attempts.

Unknown Status

cover_subject:<my subject>
cover_from_name:Mike
cover_letter:1
cover_to_name:<my institution> IRA Department
"Unknown Status"?

I finally found a phone extension cord and ran it to our multifunction machine (print/scan/copy/fax) and it went through on the first try.

Full details sent to kgc.
14 posts Page 1 of 2