Bad modem? or wire?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by WWC » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:27 am
Hi, I seem have sporadic disconnections from the internet during random times of the day. Some times are more frequent than others. It usually disconnects for about 30 seconds and then reconnects back again. It should not be the router, so I assume it is the modem since the internet light shuts off. Or it could be the wiring? Should I get a new modem?
by virtualmike » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:46 pm
I'd recommend you call support at 611. I've experienced that in the past, and it was traced to AT&T's copper wire. Let the experts help with the diagnosis. :-)
by Guest » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:14 pm
Exactly the same thing, all the time, for months now. Lots of Sonic head-scratching. I've already known it wasn't me or my (non-rental) modem or router. DSL/Internet lights can wink out when nothing else is even on. You are not alone. Guess I'm not either. Good luck.
by Peterke » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:51 am
I am having the same issues lately. Before our vacation we started having sporadic disconnects as well (late august/early September). While we were on vacation our ZTE modem died. I replaced it with a NetGear DM111PsP v2 which is having the same issues. It seems to be getting worse too. It sometimes connects OK for a while, but then the internet drops off and often the DSL connection too. I'll call the helpdesk to see if they can troubleshoot. No changes on wiring/phone in my home though and it's a home built in '91. I would not expect bad/deteriorating wiring.
Not happy :-(
4 posts Page 1 of 1