Alternative to Comcast and satellite?

Television services and online video discussion.
43 posts Page 5 of 5
by wisewomn » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:17 pm
Thanks for providing the link to TVfool. I put in my address and it said I should be able to get all channels (without taking into account trees, etc). So what do you mean by a major antenna? How much would it cost?

BTW, I did speak with Dick of Dick's Antennas (previously recommended on this thread) in the South Bay. Nice man, very forthcoming. He said most stations come out of SF and Sac'to and reception would be iffy in Petaluma due to hills, trees, bldgs, etc. So I'm a little surprised by the strong positive at TVfool...
by msandrof » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:51 am
The tvfool.com report on your address should give you some idea, based on the color coding of each station, what kind of antenna you might need (simple set-top to massive/amplified aerial). For specifics about antennas, the tvfool forums are great references. Many people post their tvfool report for advice on their particular needs.
by psychicb » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:26 pm
dane wrote:
Yes, we have some projects in the works. A hint here: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/ ... 4920110805

-Dane

That sounds a lot like having an indoor antenna which would become more expensive(paying a recurring fee instead of a one time fee) and without the benefits that services like CBS All Access, Hulu, etc already offer :|

If you guys come up with a TV service that would let me skip commercials and/or watch content at a later time and it costs less than the typical Comcast/Uverse fees(or maybe even if I was able to watch shows before they air on the west coast) I'd be more than happy to sign up, but if it would be a more high tech version of something that would do the same thing as an indoor antenna... :(
You can trust me, I'm The Doctor's companion's spouse's friend's sister's dealer of all the alien technology that we find left behind - BTW, bow ties are COOL :ugeek:
43 posts Page 5 of 5