Bandwidth Monitor (how much do I use each month)?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by digitalbitstream » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 pm
At https://members.sonic.net/account/resou ... dth_usage/ is a bandwidth monitor incoming access.
Is there way to see my Fusion home line bandwidth, graphed per month?
by dane » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 pm
The graphing in the Member Tools is for your hosted website statistics, if you've got one here.

We don't currently make available bandwidth usage data to customers. Because usage is unlimited, it's not something we'd prioritize as a development goal - lots of other more useful features in the pipeline here, sorry!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by digitalbitstream » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:58 pm
Here are some use cases:

* Customer retention (e.g. my line would be that much more expensive with Brand Y ISP).
* Virus detection (If usage sees huge spikes when computers are not in use).
* Geeky fun (because, face it, sonic.net skews to the technically inclined).
* A reason not to replace the Pace 4111N with a Tomato router, which can do this locally.
* Enhanced self-support.
by dane » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:25 am
Yup, all good use cases - just not something we can prioritize until we get a lot more of our road map main features released.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:29 pm
Same here -- it would be helpful to have a tool that shows our Fusion home bandwidth usage. We're only getting 4.2 mbps in San Francisco's outer sunset via Sonic.net; when computer is linked to cellular it goes to 15mbps. Wonder how much we're using in a month ... to see what the cost would be to shift to cellular modem for home.
by m2m3 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:14 am
I use ddwrt to keep up with my network data usage while using Netgear R6300v2 router. It does a decent job of tracking for me at the router level. You can also use programs specific to your specific computing device for local usage.
6 posts Page 1 of 1