WildBlue Free Zone available?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by jbk4 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:16 pm
I still have Sonic satellite service, which is provided by WildBlue. I've noticed that the speed of the connection has gone up to what they provide with their Exede service, and one of the features with Exede is the Free Zone from midnight to 5 AM, when uploads and downloads are not counted toward the monthly usage. I know Sonic's contract with them was done a long time before their latest changes, but wondered if the Free Zone works for me, too.
by jenny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:19 am
Hello,

Wow, that's great that you are receiving better service. Excede launched a new satellite and began providing faster service with a different FAP system a year or two ago. Your service is setup on Wildblue's old system and so the increase in speed you are seeing is likely due to more users transitioning to the new Excede service. The only way to be able to get the benefits of Excede however would be to switch to them. For more information on Excede service I'd suggest giving them a call at 888-559-8674.

Thank you,
Jennifer Daly

Supervisor - Billing and Order Processing Team
Sonic.net, Inc
jenny@corp.sonic.net
2 posts Page 1 of 1