Blocking Numbers

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
143 posts Page 12 of 15
by tikvah » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:01 pm
thulsa_doom wrote:Caller ID blocking causes your outbound calls to not provide caller ID information. Calls from you will show as "unavailable" for the recipient.
Ohhhh...I don't want that.

I was hoping it might be a placemarker for the planned option to enable users to block calls based on the caller ID.

Thanks,
Cyndi
by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:36 pm
I, too, would very much like to be able to add numbers to a customized Block list.

Thanks,
by dane » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:38 pm
We have plans to allow customers to create and maintain their own blocking list, but this feature is not coming soon. It's part of a big switch upgrade we have in process, likely to take a nine to eighteen months.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by warrenhuang » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:24 pm
I WANT TO BLOCK 916-838-7059
by Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:07 am
I got an EARLY morning call from 253-236-2179. How are they going to save me money on my credit cards when I don't have any? (my fico score doesn't allow it!) And these a~holes woke me up! (I've lived on the West Coast for a year now, although I retained my cell phone from the East Coast).
by rbw » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:47 pm
Arrrghhh!! I found this thread trying to find out how to block a rogue fax machine that keeps mistakenly calling me OVER and OVER and OVER.

This a BAD THING that it is not available and EVEN WORSE that customers have been asking for it for over 2 years and it is not even in the cards for another year! THIS IS A BAD THING.
by virtualmike » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:19 pm
rbw wrote:I found this thread trying to find out how to block a rogue fax machine that keeps mistakenly calling me OVER and OVER and OVER.
If the calls arrive at a predictable time, forward your Fusion # to your Sonic.net Faxline, so you can get the fax. Once you've received it, you can determine whether it's a legitimate business that just has the wrong # in its records, or if it's some sort of scammer.

If the former, you can contact the business and have it fix its records (and get an apology). If the latter, work with Sonic.net, the FCC, and other resources to get it stopped. At least you'll know what's going on and who is targeting you.
by JoAnn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:51 pm
I'd like to block 713-489-7846, please. Got a call (again) from this number 5AM Sunday morning. Don't know a soul in "TX, US". Googled the number, and found a bunch of people who say the number pops up when prison inmates use a particular calling card. Ummm, I really don't want inmates calling me.....!! Thank you.
by Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:47 am
On 11/6/2012 Dane viewtopic.php?f=14&t=158&hilit=next+yea ... =110#p5746wrote:
dane wrote:We have plans to allow customers to create and maintain their own blocking list, but this feature is not coming soon. It's part of a big switch upgrade we have in process, likely to take a nine to eighteen months.
So 14 months in, could you give us an update on when you expect the switch upgrade to happen?
by rocky2345 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:42 pm
Please block 925 2892503. The landline appears to be owned by YMax Communications. I have tried to call the number but there is no way to reach a live person. The phone number appears to be part of a boiler room operation.
143 posts Page 12 of 15