Repeated service disruption

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by ckwong23 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:07 am
Has anyone had their landline go down then claimed to have been fixed only to find out a few weeks later it is down again. I have been very patient with Sonic and they customer service is trying the best they can but I am getting pretty frustrated that it is "fixed" and then I get a call a couple weeks later (on my cell phone) that says I have been trying to call you but your phone doesn't work. ATT has been to my house at least 3 times. Sonic also fails to follow up and tell you what is going on. I reported this issue on Sunday... ATT comes out Mon and then I never hear from anyone. Then out of the blue my Internet goes down yesterday when I call in they say "ATT moved your line before they were supposed to" so now I have been down since yesterday. Landline was one thing but now no internet and I can't work.

lastly, I keep asking for some compensation but they will only give it to me "for the time you were down" AFTER it has been solved but I have to call back once that happens. I get that part but it should be automatic as I am sure I may not remember (if I ever get back up) to call back and then talk to billing.

Very frustrating experience! :cry: Also I am a longtime customer and feel like I have been very patient.
by Larry Rogers » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:59 am
1) We are having daily periods where we are unable to receive calls. Caller says it barely rang once and hung up. If sitting near the old analog phone, I hear a .2 sec mini ring and then dial tone if I pick up, does not log a caller id on newer phone.

2) outgoing calls always work

3) internet connection not impacted

seems to me to be some kind of "handshake/timing" issue in central office between ATT switch & sonic switch and inbound calls go to the bit bucket. seems to resolve on it's own after a few hours but these periods of dropped inbound are happening on a daily basis, sometimes two or more times per day.

My wife is getting annoyed and tired of her friends calling on her cell phone, saying your phone is down again ...

Our land line is in belmont and receives dial tone from the San Carlos central office, I beleive

anyone else seeing anything like this?

--larry
by virtualmike » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:05 pm
Sounds more like an issue with line, perhaps in the copper, the network interface, or the inside wiring in the house. When an incoming call arrives, the CO sends a stronger current down the line to make the phone ring, and there are documented cases where that current will short the line just long enough to make the CO think the line was answered, but as soon as the ring current is removed, the short is gone, and when you pick up the phone, you hear the dial tone.

Have you called 611? I'm sure that the rep will be happy to try calling you several times to see if it can be reproduced.
by ckwong23 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:55 am
Back down again for the 4th time.... :(
by Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:04 pm
I had similar problem- with home phone about two weeks ago and now with business phone

Different locations- but both with Sonic Fusion
by adame » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:59 am
Guest wrote:I had similar problem- with home phone about two weeks ago and now with business phone

Different locations- but both with Sonic Fusion
Is your business line still a problem? If it is, I'd like to encourage you to call Support so we can investigate (if you haven't already).

For the issues with your home phone, were they ever fixed? Did you ever come to a better understanding of what caused the issue? The two issues two weeks apart aren't likely related, but we still want to solve both of them as quickly as possible. Please let us know how your conversation with Support goes (or has gone), and if there's anything else we can do to make sure your service is back to normal asap.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by adame » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:06 am
ckwong23 wrote:Back down again for the 4th time.... :(
I'm sorry about this. I understand this has been a long-standing issue, and that we've replaced just about every possible point of failure on your circuit without much luck. I'll follow up personally with the technician going out to your location Tuesday to see where we stand then.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by ckwong23 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 am
Earlier this year this was addressed by sending out a Sonic tech who split my DSL and voice lines. Everything was good until 2 days ago. Voice is now down again and Data speeds down to ~3mb since 5/25. Really like sonic but starting to consider other providers.
by ckwong23 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:49 am
Still down :(
by gfanucci » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:43 am
Similar symptoms here.

Got Sonic Fusion in January 2014. Took about 5 days for the switchover from AT&T DSL and landline to Sonic Fusion DSL with voice.

In March, I could not receive incoming calls for more than a week. AT&T came out and found no problem. Callers would hear zero rings, and get a dead line white noise when calling me. I could call out, but could not get any incoming calls.

Same thing again in May. A few brief internet interruptions, outgoing calls okay, but no incoming calls were connected. Again, down for about two weeks, then okay.
10 posts Page 1 of 1