PHP7 Now Available!

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by williamt » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:37 pm
PHP 7.4.3 is now available!

As seen running here: http://www.sonic.net/~williamt/php7/

Add the following to your .htaccess to enable it.

Code: Select all

AddHandler php-cgi .php
Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php7

Things to note:
If you are using mysql and using the old_password shorter password format you will need to reset your mysql password. This can be done in our member tools.
Regarding wordpress, make sure you are using the latest version it allows you to update to through the /admin updater before switching to php7. After you update you can switch to php7 and the update to the latest version of wordpress.

If you notice any issues running php7 let us know. We wanted to get this out asap to you because you have waited long enough. We believe everything should work as expected though.

Thanks,
William
Sr. Systems Administrator @ sonic.net
by nedalpert » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:50 pm
Hello:

Just installed php 7.4.3 on the site roseannawoods.com (my client), but it caused a fatal error with WP plugin Layer Slider, so I reverted back to PHP 5.6.

I have 2 other sites with Layer Slider but different themes, and no problem with the php upgrade.

Do you have a different version of php 7 available?

Thanks, Ned
by williamt » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:41 am
What was the error?

Most likely wordpress or the plugin needs to be updated.
Sr. Systems Administrator @ sonic.net
by bcoole » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:02 am
I know just enough about wordpress to get myself in a lot of trouble

If you have the ability to remotely coach an idiot in doing this stuff please contact me.
by duigou » Sat May 16, 2020 2:05 pm
Thank you!
5 posts Page 1 of 1