Can't download any binary files from usenet

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by xox » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:29 pm
I'm unable to get any downloads off the usenet servers, guys. I download files not discussion. I forget which is which. But my downloads have been stuck since the 7th.
by kgc » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:29 pm
Does your client report any errors? You haven't really provided enough information for anyone to help you.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by xox » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:29 pm
No errors just 0 kb per minute after working for months now. It's working for everyone else?

Sabnzbd tests are successful but downloads are all just hanging now.
by kgc » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:39 pm
You may want to try restarting the client if it looks like it's hung. If it still doesn't work, see if you can turn up the debugging and figure out why it isn't working - it isn't connecting, getting timeouts fetching articles, etc.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by aw » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:56 am
I can confirm that my SABnzbd works downloading binaries from news.sonic.net. If you go to Status -> Latest Warnings, do you see any errors? If not, click "Show Logging" which will open the main log file and see if there's any errors there.
by xox » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:59 am
Hi guys,

Thanks as always for the excellent support. It seems that since our last conversation the problem resolved itself.

I did have to descrease the number of connections on news.sonic.net from 7 to 5 for some reason but all is well.
by aw » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:16 am
Oh, well. I *think* 6 connections is the limit, however, each connection is uncapped so you should be able to max your line with 1 connection.
7 posts Page 1 of 1