Publishing a Web Page

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by pfreitag » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:49 pm
I want to set up my website. I have a hosted domain. I know about FTP and where to upload the files. I'm using Dreamweaver. I've done this before successfully a few years ago. I'm not a "pro". As of today (6/12/13) I have tried at least 10 times to publish my simple one page basic, all text html page (INDEX.html). I have tried uploading it using Dreamweaver as well as Filezilla. I can see the page on the server. But when I do http://www.pfreitag.com all I get is the "Future home of..." page that is the standard Sonic set-up. What am I doing wrong? As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything right. I have asked support@sonic.net and they were very nice but ultimately they couldn't help and referred me to the group for advice. Thanks.. Pete Freitag
by joemuller » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:01 pm
Pete,

I believe I've fixed the issue you were having with pfreitag.com. The site was configured correctly if you went to pfreitag.com directly, but adding www in front would give you the "Future home of" page. DNS and the configuration have been fixed to point to the right places now.

That said, you will need to fix up the meta refresh on your INDEX.html file, as it is attempting to use the full URL pfreitag.com/blog instead of a relative path. (blog/)

-- Joe Muller @ Sonic.net System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
by pfreitag » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:09 pm
Thanks Joe! It's working perfectly now. You should be proud to work for Sonic. It is the BEST ISP in creation.
3 posts Page 1 of 1