process to move location

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by signosis » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:03 pm
I am wondering what I need to be aware of when moving locations. Our current location in Sunnyvale is 9000ft from the CO and we have fusion service. We will be moving July 1st to a new location, which has yet to be finalized. Of the three locations the farthest is 11,000 ft from a CO.

How far in advance do we need to notify Sonic of the new location? Seeing that the move happens the week of july 4th is this going to be an issue?

Second I am glad we have sonic as we get better service with a bonded line, but i wonder what is up with the bay area and horrible line speeds? I live in a small city and get 50mbit service for $24 a month. But most locations (one location is right across from Oracle) can't break 6mbs on a good day. When people find out where our location are many times they say , man your so close to xyz you must have incredible internet access, NOT! (more like incredulous internet).

I always thought we had smart people in the bay area (guess you have to go to sonic.net to find them )
by dane » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:55 pm
The process to "move" service isn't really a move per se - it's simply new service ordered to the new premise. This typically takes a week to a week and a half, depending upon our installation backlog and your own availability.

Then once it's installed, contact support and we'll port over your number from the current service to the new, and process a disconnection for the old location. Don't forget this last step! :)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1