Not receiving Fax

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by jflyons » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:46 pm
Is there a know problem with the Fax line today? A sender reports constant busy signal. I see on fax history that 5 attempts to send have been made with "0" pages received.
by kgc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:22 am
I'm able to complete a call from off-net to your fax line number. If the sender is unable to complete a call (gets an error, fast busy, etc) then they should report it their provider. We may also be able to check from our end as well but would need to know the number that was calling, their provider (if possible) and the number they were calling.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by jflyons » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:00 pm
Your system showed the call received but no pages received. I tried faxing to myself and got the same result. The following day faxes went through just fine
by pkhaworth » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:11 am
I have been unable to receive fax from myself and clients.The log shows that the call is received by sonic but 0 pages received. I tried two different fax machines from my office with no luck and my client who lives a long distance from me took 5 or 6 attempts before it would go through.Is there some setting I am missing or is a fax limited to one page?I get a fax tone when I dial the number from my phone so I don't know why it doesn't work.Any ideas?

Patrick
by kgc » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:43 pm
Patrick, do you know what kind of fax machine your or phone service your client has that is having trouble sending you faxes? Unfortunately, in most cases, there is little to nothing that we can do to improve the reliability of inbound faxes, but it is still helpful for us to know if there are any patterns to the failures.
Kelsey Cummings
by patrick » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:05 pm
1 brother and 1 dell. I don't know the brand of the other machines. it shouldn't matter.

Patrick
by kgc » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:34 pm
Patrick, you're right, it really shouldn't matter who makes the fax machines since the fax standards have been around for ages but like many other things, subtle compatibility problems continue to exist. These could be exacerbated by a noisy phone line or use of non-TDM trunking somewhere in the call path. This is particularly true if someone is attempting to send you a fax over a voice service like vonage, uverse, comcast or even our own Fusion voice service (anywhere where SIP trunking is used.)
Kelsey Cummings
by pkhaworth » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:44 pm
1 line was AT & T and the other verizon.Don't know who the carrier was from Sacramento. No calls were placed using VOIP.
8 posts Page 1 of 1