Worst Sonic Customer Service Experience So Far...

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by nllorando » Fri May 31, 2013 5:05 pm
To Whom It May Concern:

I'm writing to provide feedback with my distasteful experience with Riley (Customer Support) earlier this afternoon. I'm usually not the type to complain, but I believe this deserved to be brought to someone's attention. I called with a simple request of switching one of the Fusion accounts I'm paying for back to Annex A from Annex M. Riley was not quite hastily rude, but he spoke with a very condescending tone and placed me on hold without waiting for my acknowledgement. He not only sounded too sure of himself, but he also kept addressing me as "man" rather than something more customer service oriented.

In the past 6 months, I've successfully setup two Fusion accounts without any issues like today; username's nllorando and nardscpt. I pay and administer both accounts for two individuals within my family. Riley refused to assist me with my request because he didn't see my name on the authorized users list. After abruptly placing me on hold, Riley stated that he verified with his supervisor that he couldn't help me, even after I mentioned that I'm the person paying for the account. His main resolution was to have the person on file (she's soon to be 69 years old, by the way) call in and add me as an authorized user. Now, I've called Sonic for support at least 20 different times, and this is the first time I've heard of this policy. If this is truly your company's policy then that's understandable. However, Riley's lack of helpful aptitude is what lead me to writing this feedback.

I'm not sure what direction this company is headed, but I honestly almost asked your unhelpful agent to cancel both of my accounts because of his attitude. I know you guys have a much better reputation and stand for something better, but one bad apple really does ruin the whole tree. As an IT veteran for several years, I encourage you guys to address any issues within your first line of support, because they're the ones who represent the image of your business.

Sincerely,
Nars L
by thulsa_doom » Fri May 31, 2013 5:44 pm
When making account changes that could be service-interrupting or result in additional charges to an account, we have always wanted to have a listed account administrator's approval. For possible service interruptions that would not result in charges (such as switching from Annex M to Annex A) we can make exceptions if we know we're talking to somebody on-prem, so our tech should have suggested you call back from the Fusion line to be affected.

Regarding the tone, my apologies. I'll have a talk with him.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:10 am
I'm also sorry to hear about the disappointing experience. I'm glad John's checking into it.

FYI Nars in regards to Annex A/M toggling, you can also now do this yourself quickly by dialing 611 from the Fusion line.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1