new email program

General discussions and other topics.
48 posts Page 1 of 5
by Guest » Thu May 30, 2013 8:32 am
The new email program has improved. I still find it hard to read, and I still think that the old Squirrel mail is infinitely better.
I could not delete an email address from my address book. Otherwise I did not have time to try doing much else. At least you have simplified deletion of emails.
I have been using this username with sonic.net for years.
by adame » Thu May 30, 2013 9:36 am
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. Can you tell us a little bit more about what happens when you try to delete an email address from your address book? Are you getting an error message? What browser are you using?

The expected behavior (just tested this in multiple browsers) is that when you're in your address book, you can select an address from the middle column and press the trash icon at the bottom of the column. At that point you should receive a confirmation prompt asking you to confirm that you'd like to delete the message. After clicking OK, the address book entry should disappear, and you should receive a message at the bottom of the message pane confirming the entry has been deleted.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by vita » Thu May 30, 2013 4:41 pm
Dear Sonic:

The real estate for composing is still small. I hope you can address. I had sent pdfs to sonic support by separate email a while ago re the initial release to show the difference [Sonic #2322499]. I don't have time to do that again with this release; I hope you all can run that test to see what I am talking about. Also, I recall that the right-click menu is still problematic - I can move emails easily whilst in one screen (read, I think), which is great. But the Inbox actions required to move email (right-click menu) is problematic for me because I have so many subfolders. Thank you for involving us in improving this product, and for making the improvements that you have already made. I admit I am burnt out on beta testing, and so have not fully tested, and I am using squirrelmail until I can't, and hope that other users and your own staff can carry forward to make the new application as lovable as Squirrelmail (sorry, that means that if you would like any clarifications from me, I may not have time to provide).

Best,
V
by rodrigo » Thu May 30, 2013 4:56 pm
We are aware of issues on the compose message screen, unfortunately other issues have taken a high priority. It is on the list, though! It also hasn't changed, so there's no need for additional screenshots.

You should now, though be able to select and move messages without having to touch the right click menu. Select your messages then, in the menu beneath the message list, there is a 'Move to...' select button from which you can select a folder to move to using your OS's native select menu.
by karen » Fri May 31, 2013 10:33 am
When I look up an email address while composing a message, the new email program gives me too little information. I liked the old way of doing it -- giving me a list of possible matches AND the address plus any info I had about that person. The new one, just gives me the plain addresses and I have to further click on each one to get more info. That takes up way too much space, and it seems to be impossible to get the expanded list of all the matches. I may not want to look at the thumbnail picture of the person which could still be achieved by doing the clicking if desired. Just give me all the info in the original list.
thanks.
by jack » Fri May 31, 2013 12:44 pm
Here is my feedback on the beta-webmail. i set it to "Keep me logged in" but I get kicked out quite frequently during the session. Windows 7, Firefox. Is it me, or is there a glitch? If the former, please let me know how to fix. THX
by adame » Fri May 31, 2013 3:02 pm
karen wrote:When I look up an email address while composing a message, the new email program gives me too little information. I liked the old way of doing it -- giving me a list of possible matches AND the address plus any info I had about that person. The new one, just gives me the plain addresses and I have to further click on each one to get more info. That takes up way too much space, and it seems to be impossible to get the expanded list of all the matches. I may not want to look at the thumbnail picture of the person which could still be achieved by doing the clicking if desired. Just give me all the info in the original list.
thanks.
Hi Karen,

Thanks for the feedback. I think you make a good point in terms of the layout of the address book, and I'll ask the folks developing the client if there's anything we can do to improve this.

I'd like to clarify what behavior you're seeing when you're in the compose window for a new message. For me, in either the old or the new webmail, when I start to type in the name or address of a recipient, I see a list of all possible names and email addresses that match entries in my address book. Are you seeing something other than this? If so, I'd be interested to know what browser you're using (and what version of that browser). Can you look through the address book in the new webmail to see if the names of your contacts were successfully transferred from the other webmail client?
Adam Martinetti
Sonic.
by adame » Fri May 31, 2013 3:23 pm
jack wrote:Here is my feedback on the beta-webmail. i set it to "Keep me logged in" but I get kicked out quite frequently during the session. Windows 7, Firefox. Is it me, or is there a glitch? If the former, please let me know how to fix. THX
Jack--

This definitely shouldn't be happening. Typically, after how much time do you get kicked out? Does this only happen only if you've stayed on the same screen for more than a few minutes? Does your IP address change while you're logged in? Are you attempting to log into webmail in multiple tabs in Firefox? What version of Firefox is this (You can find this out in the Help > About Firefox menu)?
Adam Martinetti
Sonic.
by jack » Fri May 31, 2013 3:37 pm
Hey Adam--
Its FF 21.0
This machine is at home, if I walk away from it for (say) 30 minutes email reverts to the log-in. I never open more than one email, or version of FF (but use several tabs). If I am on another FF tab, or other program it will also revert in about 30 min.
JACK
by adame » Fri May 31, 2013 4:00 pm
jack wrote:Hey Adam--
Its FF 21.0
This machine is at home, if I walk away from it for (say) 30 minutes email reverts to the log-in. I never open more than one email, or version of FF (but use several tabs). If I am on another FF tab, or other program it will also revert in about 30 min.
JACK
This behavior was introduced in the most recent release of the beta webmail client. Several other customers have been impacted by it as well, and we've reported it our developers. Thanks for the report!
Adam Martinetti
Sonic.
48 posts Page 1 of 5